VT100 colors

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 21 08:48:32 CDT 2021

On 21/06/2021 07:51, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
> I want to say that it’s white.  Though I can’t get to mine right now.
>
> Zane
>

> Sent from my iPod
>
>> On Jun 20, 2021, at 10:50 PM, Lars Brinkhoff via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Does anyone know what colors a VT100 is?  Most photos online has it
>> looking yellowish, but I expect that's from aging.  Some people I have
>> asked claim it was a light cream color.  This bitsavers picture has it
>> looking neutral grey:
>> http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/terminal/vt100/vt100_wps-8.jpg
>>
>> And the black parts are claimed to be dark brown.
>>
>> I haven't found any color codes in the manuals.

I can't get t mine either but I think they were originally light cream,
but not bright white.

I suspect that most photos have it as yellowish because that's what they
are now :-)

The black bits I remember as black.

I remember the tube colour being green, I think I remember seeing amber
and I believe that white was an available option.

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini
antonio at acarlini.com