Early Programming Books

Daniel Seagraves dseagrav at lunar-tokyo.net
Mon Jun 21 16:54:36 CDT 2021

> On Jun 21, 2021, at 4:47 PM, Rich Alderson via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 22:19:02 -0600
>> From: ben via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
>
>> LISP still can't be compiled.
>
> May I respectfully suggest that you don't know WTF you're talking about?

I’ll save you some time and trouble, because I’d learned to stop arguing with people who hold this opinion:

“WELL ACKSHUALLY” (push glasses up) “THE LISP MACHINES WERE MICROCODED WHICH MEANS THERE IS NO REAL LISP MACHINE, THE UNDERLYING MICROENGINE IS THE REAL PROCESSOR, AND IT DOES NOT RUN LISP, SO LISP MACHINES DID NOT EXIST.”

They then move the goalposts around regarding what is considered a REAL PROCESSOR and what is not until you give up and they “win” by default.

I will now go back to refusing to talk about or work on lisp projects anymore because The Community has beaten any will to do so out of me.