VT340 Emulation

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Thu Jun 24 08:30:53 CDT 2021

> On Jun 24, 2021, at 1:25 AM, Zane Healy <healyzh at avanthar.com> wrote:
>
> And all this time I thought that I wanted a VT525!  How much are the VTLAN40’s going for?
>
> Zane

Zane,
    If you explain to Mitch Miller at Keyways that you are a hobbyist, he will sell them for $400,
at least he has in the past. He also has new and used LK411-AA keyboards. The last one I
bought was $190 for new. That seems expensive but it has the round connector like a PC
used to used for keyboard before USB. It might be possible to make an adapter to convert
an old VT420 keyboard to the round connector if one knew how the pin outs for each mapped?

  On the SVGA displays, I’ve been using the NEC Accusync LCD 71VM and it works well.
As the unit comes it will operate at 800 x 600 256 color, but if you go to the Windows 3.1
settings it can be changed to 1024 x 768 x 16 colors which works better to have multiple
sessions windows open at once.

Mark