VT340 Emulation

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Thu Jun 24 15:39:46 CDT 2021

On 6/23/21 4:08 PM, Mark Matlock via cctalk wrote:
> One VT340 emulator that works quite well is the VT Lan 40. This was
> one of the last terminals made by DEC. It ran Windows 3.1 from ROM
> and used the LK411-AA keyboard (with the round PC keyboard connector)
> displaying on a Super VGA LCD display (1024 x 768 x 16 colors)
>
> It could connect to several (unto 8) systems simultaneously using a
> DB25 serial, a MMJ serial, then over its ethernet connector: multiple
> LAT, CTERM (DECnet) and Telnet (TCP/IP) sessions. The session windows
> allow cut and paste between Windows.
>
> The VT340 emulation seems to be perfect displaying Regis and pixels
> correctly and handling mouse movements correctly in the VT340 mode.
> Output from Saturn Graph for VMS works great!
>
> It also displays APL overstrike characters correctly with VAX APL
> using the ^D prefix described in the APL documentation. It also
> handles some escape sequence quirks that RSX KED does that mess up
> other VT100 emulators.

I think the VT LAN 40 looks super interesting.  Though the mentioned
price is out of my /want/ range.  Maybe if I /needed/ it.  But I don't
/need/ it.

I wonder what terminal emulator it's running on top of Windows 3.x.  I'd
be interested in playing with it on a comparable system.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die