Tymshare PDP-10 tapes

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Fri Mar 5 03:55:04 CST 2021

Hello,

Someone sent me these magtape images from Tymshare and said "they fell
off the back of a truck on route 62 in Hudson, MASS."  I don't know
their provenance.

Sorry, I don't have any good hosting.  For now they are here:
https://gitlab.com/larsbrinkhoff/tymshare

The download.sh script will retrieve individual files one by one rather
than cloning the repository; next use cat.sh to get the .tape.bz2 files.

The tape format is close to not not quite FAILSAFE.  With help from Joe
Smith, I made a tool to extract the files:
https://github.com/larsbrinkhoff/pdp10-its-disassembler/blob/master/tito.c