TSS/8 & dectape

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Sat Mar 6 17:27:06 CST 2021

I'm having trouble using DECtapes with TSS/8 under SIMH. I tried with both the
RF image and LCM RK05 image and no mater what I do it hangs if I try to
access a DECtape.

I am trying to use COPY command from account 2.

I attach a dectape in simh then assign it in TSS and then try to get a
directory or zero the tape with copy. Both hang. Anybody with more TSS
knowledge know how to get this to work.

Images from bitsavers http://www.pdp8online.com/ftp/images/bitsavers/unknown/
7196, 7211, 7242, and 7280 have text where TSS/8 was mentioned. These are the
ones I wanted to use TSS to see if I can get a directory.

7241, 7253, 7264, 7265, 7275, 7278, 7291, 7292 have contents but nothing I
can identify.

There are also some LINCtapes that had read issues so unable to determine
what the are.

What I have decoded
http://www.pdp8online.com/images/index.shtml

See last 3.