920M - an European contemprary of the Apollo Guidance Computer

Dr. Erik Baigar erik at baigar.de
Mon May 3 13:50:21 CDT 2021

Some additional remarks: The 920M is par of the 900 Series from
Elliott (later Elliott Automation, GEC Marconi Avionics, BAe Systems)

...maybe interesting to note, that apart from the 18bit 920M and
related machines, there is a series of 12 bit ones which have a
simmilar (but not identical) instruction set.

...even one member of the family had 13 bits.

...these machines where used in applications, where accuracy was
    less important (autothrottle compputers, air data systems) and
    size/weight/power consumption was paramount.

Sorry, by accident the footer from my work email was with the
first posting - all the project is entirely hobby work and not
related to the business I am working for...

That is my private signature ;-)