Motor generator

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 19:18:55 CDT 2021

On 5/5/21 6:09 AM, Mark Linimon via cctalk wrote:
> On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 10:07:28PM -0700, Chuck Guzis via cctech wrote:
>> "Power for the basic computer consists of one 250 kva, 400 Hz motor
>> generator set.  The motor-generator set has the capability of providing
>> power for the CPU, MCS, I/O and the MCU. The optional memory requires
>> the addition of an 80 kva motor-generator set."
>
> I'm looking at this RISC-V board sitting here on my desk (with its
> "massive" 2-inch-long heat sink) and shaking my head at how far we have
> come.

I seem to recall an anecdote about Acorn hooking up the first prototype
ARM-1 processor and it working, despite showing no current draw on the
connected ammeter - it then transpired that the power supply was still
switched off,  but it was so efficient that it was able to run via leakage
current on the connected I/O lines.

Jules