Pipelining and Dec Jupiter thoughts....

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Fri May 7 14:53:43 CDT 2021

> Back in the mid-90s, there was an outfit in Britain which made some
> laptops using Alpha processors.

That was the Tadpole ALPHAbook. Not many of those got to the outside world.
Been watching for one for over a decade. For a period of time it was the
fastest laptop available and it was reportedly not overly unpleasant to use
(my Tadpole Viper, on the other hand, *is* unpleasant to use).

> There was a rumor inside DECin the same time-frame about DEC engineers
> prototyping an Alpha-based laptop (which never made it to market).
> The rumor included the internal code-name... "BURNS".

I don't doubt it!

-- Famous, adj.: Conspicuously miserable.  -- Ambrose Bierce ------------------