Pipelining and Dec Jupiter thoughts....

Scott Quinn compoobah at gmail.com
Tue May 11 08:34:09 CDT 2021

On Sat, 2021-05-08 at 12:00 -0500, cctalk-request at classiccmp.org wrote:
> I seem to recall that the Tadpole AlphaBook performance is roughly on
> par with the DEC Multia, which is to say, not very good.  Though I
> don?t think I ever got OpenVMS running on my Multia.
>
> Zane
I did get it running on mine for a while. I remember it wasn't fast and
was kind of annoying - the VMS-capable SRM had a peculiar bug where if
the NVRAM battery died you had to failsafe-load the official Multia
firmware then load the VMS-capable one otherwise the framebuffer would
never initialize, not even after the battery was replaced. Finally got
a DEC 3000 and passed the Multia off.
Wish that some of the DEC gear that was showing up was nearby... ah
well.