LK201 emulator for PS-2 keyboard

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue May 11 12:46:49 CDT 2021

Last year I created an LK201 keyboard emulator that uses a USB keyboard.

More recently I extended that work to create a second one that uses a PS-2 keyboard instead.  Partly because I had one and figured it would be fun to try.

You can find both designs on Github at https://github.com/pkoning2/lk201emu .  The "doc" directory describes both; in particular, file doc/kicad.md talks about the hardware design, with pointers to an OSHPark layout, a parts BOM, and assembly instructions.

The new one is slightly larger than the old (2 by 2 inches, rather than 2 by 1.5).  I like the audio implementation a bit better; perhaps I'll revise the USB version to use that same technique.

Enjoy.  Comments and feedback will be much appreciated, either by email or on this list or as "issues" on Github.

	paul