Looking for VAXSET Software Engineering Tools for VMS 4.x

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Sun May 16 15:53:02 CDT 2021

On May 16, 2021, at 1:42 PM, Antonio Carlini <a.carlini at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 16/05/2021 21:00, Zane Healy wrote:
>> Does anyone know if a 5.5-2 era CONOLD is available?  These that have just been made available are beyond awesome, as I gave my paper set of 5.x doc’s to Paul Allen’s computer museum, only keeping the basic 6 paperbacks, since I have a complete 6.x set, and the base 7.2 set
>>
>> I’m going to see about putting them on PDXVAX (which is on HECnet), and making them available for viewing with VTBOOK.  I need to hunt up copies of that and a couple other things.  I should have them in my archives.
>>
>> I want to say that there is a WASD package that will handle bookreader format doc’s.
>
> V5.5-2 would be 1991-NOV or so. There's a CONDIST 1991-MAY on https://vaxstuff.files.wordpress.com/2020/08/.  and I have a CONDIST 1991-NOV.
>
> The next CONOLD I have is 1992-JUL (3 discs) (I can image that one next if it will help).

PDXVAX runs 5.5-2, so I was hoping to get doc’s specific to that release, though realistically even the 5.1 doc’s you just uploaded will be great, and I’m rather curious to get them accessible anyway.

> There's a V5.5-2H4 OS CD on VaxHaven at http://vaxhaven.com/cd-image/AG-PXL1A-RE.iso.zip.

What exactly is VAX/VMS V5.5-2H4?  I’ve never been too clear on that.  It’s just V5.5-2 with added hardware support, isn’t it?

Zane