DECNet for Pro 300 series boxes

John Forecast john at forecast.name
Mon May 17 15:02:12 CDT 2021

> On May 17, 2021, at 2:43 PM, Bob Smith via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> My recollection of Decnet for Pro boxes is that the available SW was
> for an end node and not a routing or other capability for the
> 380/350/325 boxes.
> While that memory might be incorrect, are there any DecNet packages
> for the Pro family available anywhere?
> a few hours of searching did not turn up any thing but PDFs about the software.
> thanks in advance for any replies.
> bob

I’m almost certain that it was an end-node only implementation. Eventually it was released through Decus as PRO175. There appears to be disk copies available at:

	http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/public/pub/mirror/os2site/sw/dec/pro/pro175/index.html <http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/public/pub/mirror/os2site/sw/dec/pro/pro175/index.html>

You’ll need to be running P/OS V3.2 so you might want to grab a copy of PRO177 at the same time.

  John.