Melted computer feet

Tom Hunter ccth6600 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 23:42:46 CDT 2021

I usually try the following commonly available chemicals listed in
increasing strength:

1) warm water with detergent on a microfibre cloth and some elbow grease
2) alcohol
3) lighter fluid or white spirit
4) acetone (apply carefully and quickly)

Acetone is really the last resort because it will readily dissolve many
plastics. The key here is to put a small amount on lint-free cloth and
quickly wipe over the affected area and immediately discard the cloth as it
will otherwise stick to the partially dissolved plastic.

Cheers
Tom