Writings on AI from 17 years ago....
ccth6600 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 08:35:10 CDT 2021
I have learned not to trust any computer museum to properly look after any
artefacts in the long run. I have seen the following:
- they lose funding and shut down;
- the building they had for free is sold or demolished and the
collection no longer has a home;
- museum management changes and they decide to no longer display certain
- they replace real objects with fancy multimedia presentations;
- they suck in anything and everything and send unwanted items or
duplicates to the dumpster rather than trying to find a new home for stuff
they don't want or need;
Don't trust that museums will abide by your wishes when you donate an item.
They almost never will no matter how secure you think your agreement with
I believe that enthusiastic and competent individuals will look after
valuable items much better than most museums can.
More information about the cctech