How to read Osborne 1 Floppies?

Marvin Johnston marvin at west.net
Wed May 26 22:12:56 CDT 2021

I don't remember the limitations of the unregistered Teledisk program,
but something in the back of my mind says Dave Dunfields IMD (?) will
translate Teledisk programs.

Something I've found very useful over the years is the Don Maslin
archive (I think also posted on bitsavers.) A quick check shows (at
least the ones I looked at) the Osborne protgrams available in Teledisk
format as:

Name	Format	Description
OS1BASIC	SSSD	Osborne 1 Basic disk
OS1DBASE	SSSD	dBase II program disk
OS1DIAS	SSSD	Osborne 1 diagnostics disk
OS1MCAL	SSSD	Osborne 1 communications disk
OS1MDM7	SSSD	Osborne 1 Modem 740
OS1SYSS	SSSD	Osborne 1 system disk
OS1UTLS	SSSD	Osborne 1 utilities disk
OS1WRDST	SSSD	Osborne 1 Wordstar disk
OS1XUTLS	SSSD	Osborne 1 extended utilities

OS1NUEVO	SSDD	Osborne 1 with DD and 80 col mods
OS1SYSD	SSDD	Osborne 1 system disk (SSDD upgrade)

OSE-CPMA	SSDD	Osborne Executive CP/M 3.0 system disk #1
OSE-CPMB	SSDD	Osborne Executive CP/M 3.0 system disk #2
OSE-CPMC	SSDD	Osborne Executive CP/M 3.0 system disk #3
OSE-PSYS	SSDD	UCSD p-System disk for Osborne Executive

OSV-SYS	DSDD	Osborne Vixen CP/M 2.2 w/ MBasic & Media Master
OSV-WS	DSDD	Osborne Vixen bootable Wordstar & Supercalc 2
OSV-SC2	DSDD	Osborne Vixen bootable w/ Supercalc templates

OS1DBASE	ZIP	dBase II v2.3 for Osborne 1