how to make use of daisy wheel printer

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri May 28 19:40:04 CDT 2021

Some characters that might not otherwise be available could be done with
over-strike, such as an accent mark (When you apply for a job, do you send
a RESUME?") or the tilde over N (There is an exit off of 280 that is
incorrectly labelled "LA CANADA road")  The en~e character is recognized
as a normal letter in Spanish.

Although there isn't a LOT of use for it, overstrike with hyphens is
sometimes used to indicate an informal edit or redaction.

Some daisy wheel printers, even some models of HiType I, such as DTC-300,
had micro-spacing.
Besides PROPORTIONAL spacing,
You could print a period, move a TINY amount, print another period, and be
able to draw or plot. (Or would that be PLOD?  And you thought that a
Calcomp Plodder was slow!))
Some daisy wheels had reinfoced period, underline and hyphen to prevent
premature wear.

Wordstar had some "drivers" for proportional spacing.
I kinda doubt that there are practical Windoze drivers.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com