VAXstation 4000/vlc mouse issue

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Mon May 31 22:08:05 CDT 2021

I now have my VAXstation 4000/vlc up and running OpenVMS 7.3, DECnet Phase IV, and part of my cluster.  It’s using a SCSI2SD v5.2 board for the hard drive.  While have plenty of DEC Hard Drives, I like the lower noise, power, and heat of the SCSI2SD’s, plus I can really cram the disk space in there, this has a whopping 32GB. :-)

I’m using a VSXXX-AA mouse (Hocky Puck), and when I use the middle-button on the mouse, it messes up DECwindows, and I’m no longer able to use the other buttons, which means I can’t change to another window, or access menus.  It remains like this until I either logout, or reboot.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

This is actually the first time I’ve used a VAXstation as a VAXstation, so I don’t know if this is normal (though I can’t imagine it is).

Zane