Calibration of 8" floppy drive?

Chuck Guzis cclist at
Sat Feb 6 13:26:34 CST 2016

On 02/06/2016 10:18 AM, Fred Cisin wrote:

> D'ya mean a tuba spit-valve pad?

No, those are cork, not felt.  On brasswinds, felt's usually used as a 
cushioning device on piston valves, so things don't go "clank clank". 
Rotary valves employ cork or rubber for a similar use.  Pianos use a 
great deal of felt.

You might even be able to round up a strip of felt from a laser printer 
fuser assembly--used to wipe the fuser drum.

But see, for example, something from Ferree's:


More information about the cctalk mailing list