classics I threw away or sold ... foolishly
n0body.h0me at inbox.com
Thu May 19 01:24:13 CDT 2016
> -----Original Message-----
> From: swiftgriggs at gmail.com
> Sent: Wed, 18 May 2016 14:50:17 -0600 (MDT)
> To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
> Subject: classics I threw away or sold ... foolishly
> I've stack-ranked all the classic items that I, to my everlasting shame,
> let go of at some point and now I feel like it was a mistake:
I also have led a life of Classic Computer Regret & Sorrow:
1. Apple Quadra 840av. The sweetest Mac I've ever owned.
Sorely missed. LIkely stolen.
2. VaxStation 4000/90. Had two. These were probably thrown away.
3. NCR Tower 1632. Ran an early SYSV, I had the install tapes
4. HP Intergral - Lost when the basement flooded
5. SwTPc 6800's - Both machines lost in the above flood
6. Smoke Signal Broadcasting 9512 - This was a 6809 running OS/9.
Sold it because "I have enough SS-50 boxes already".
7. PDP-11/73 - Another one likely thrown away.
8. PDP-11/23+ - Hardware test bed, I was using it to work on my
RL02 drive. Flood victim.
9. Commodore 128D - complete with keyboard, built like a tank.
By the time they drained the basement, it was likely a rusted
pile of junk.
Most of these I either got free, or for very little money.
I see the prices fetched for these systems today, and I can
do little but shake my head and be glad for what I still
FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop!
Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/earth
More information about the cctalk