Front panel switches - what did they do?

Brent Hilpert hilpert at
Tue May 24 14:33:17 CDT 2016

On 2016-May-24, at 12:08 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 05/24/2016 11:22 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
>> On 5/24/16 10:44 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>>> There was also automated "stapled wire".  I forget the name for the
>>> process.
>> stitch wire
>> you spot weld to a socket post
> Yes, but there was a trademarked name for the process that slips my
> mind.  Capable of very high densities.

I've wondered what the trade name for this was:

Mid-late 60s usage but I've never heard a name for it.
Note the posts are not square - they're not standard wire-wrap posts with a different connector.

More information about the cctalk mailing list