Front panel switches - what did they do?

Jon Elson elson at
Tue May 24 21:18:04 CDT 2016

On 05/24/2016 02:33 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:
> On 2016-May-24, at 12:08 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>> On 05/24/2016 11:22 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
>>> On 5/24/16 10:44 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>>>> There was also automated "stapled wire".  I forget the name for the
>>>> process.
>>> stitch wire
>>> you spot weld to a socket post
>> Yes, but there was a trademarked name for the process that slips my
>> mind.  Capable of very high densities.
> I've wondered what the trade name for this was:
> Mid-late 60s usage but I've never heard a name for it.
> Note the posts are not square - they're not standard wire-wrap posts with a different connector.
YUP!!!  THAT'S IT!  Even the wires are yellow, as I remember 
them! The system was made by AMP.


More information about the cctalk mailing list