Front panel switches - what did they do?

Brent Hilpert hilpert at
Wed May 25 13:09:07 CDT 2016

On 2016-May-24, at 7:18 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
> On 05/24/2016 02:33 PM, Brent Hilpert wrote:
>> On 2016-May-24, at 12:08 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>>> On 05/24/2016 11:22 AM, Al Kossow wrote:
>>>> On 5/24/16 10:44 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>>>>> There was also automated "stapled wire".  I forget the name for the
>>>>> process.
>>>> stitch wire
>>>> you spot weld to a socket post
>>> Yes, but there was a trademarked name for the process that slips my
>>> mind.  Capable of very high densities.
>> I've wondered what the trade name for this was:
>> Mid-late 60s usage but I've never heard a name for it.
>> Note the posts are not square - they're not standard wire-wrap posts with a different connector.
> YUP!!!  THAT'S IT!  Even the wires are yellow, as I remember them! The system was made by AMP.

Glad that someone recognises it from the period. The edge connectors are indeed labeled from AMP.
Now if we only knew the name.

More information about the cctalk mailing list