Recommendation for a PROM burner

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Mar 13 21:08:45 CDT 2015

On 03/13/2015 06:51 PM, Jon Elson wrote:

> I use a Xeltek Superpro/Z, which supports most EPROMS going way back.
> It supports the 2732, and may support some 16K EPROMS, too. You won't
> find ANYTHING that supports 1702 devices, they needed 80 V to program.

Well, as with any tool, it depends on what you're planning on doing.

Do you foresee the need to program PALs?  GALs?  MCUs?

How about testing old TTL packages?

Do you need program the old 3-rail EPROMs? (e.g. 2704, 2708)?

I like the Xeltek Superpro as well.  I'm a little shy about the Chinese
USB models because you don't know what the heck is in them.  But you
can't beat the price.  Some folks like the Willem-based programmers.

--Chuck