I have a working VT510 if anyone would like it, I'd like to give it to a
good home. This is the one that uses a PS2 style connector for a
standard AT keyboard to be plugged into, and operates with RS232. I've
just used it as a console on a fun project the last few years on and off.
Just send me your address, and it's yours , you don't even need to pay
for shipping , as long as it is continental united states.
Aaron
[Please reply to cctalk only]
Hello fellow simulator enthusiasts!
As a surprise reveal for the end of my "VT100 Deep Dive" talk at VCFMW
last weekend, I showed a Space Invaders clone running in the AVO
expansion ROM of the VT100 via MAME.
Did you know that there's a vt100/vt102 emulator in MAME? It's marked
as "not working" and isn't very well documented, but it does in fact
work pretty well.
In addition to the firmware hack, I've documented how to do various
things with the MAME vt100 emulator (see docs/mame.md):
- Play back a VT100 animation
- Connect to a physical serial port
- Connect to a network connection (SIMH console?)
Everything is on github in a fork of Paul Williams annotated VT100
firmware assembly listing.
<https://github.com/LegalizeAdulthood/vt100-firmware>
Please note that if you wish to try this with real ROMs on real
hardware that some special considerations will need to be taken. See
the documentation for that.
--
"The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline" free book <http://tinyurl.com/d3d-pipeline>
The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>
The Computer Graphics Museum <http://ComputerGraphicsMuseum.org>
Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://LegalizeAdulthood.wordpress.com>
I took a chance and bought an Alphastation DS10L recently sold as
untested. (1U model).
On receipt it boots a virgin VMS 7.2b with everything under the sun
installed and licensed to 'dec internal'. If I enter a date later than
2002 or so, the installed software explodes with license expiration.
The list of installed features takes forever to list at 9600baud.....
I searched the drive for boot logs etc and all are blank.
The drive reports zero gigs read and the entire machine is utterly
pristine within, dustless.
The seller did not install vms on this drive. I checked the date-codes
on both drive and machine; they are contempories. I'm very confident
that this drive shipped with the machine, and it bears no sign of use.
I imaged the drive (for fun with my PA7300lc), so I have a secured copy
of the drive with the only difference that it has been booted once or
twice, and on the last I changed the SYSTEM password to "slateev6".
Is this installation of interest? There's a paper tag on the machine
which still reads "TP 14" in ballpoint. Is this possibly an internal
machine? There are no asset tags on it.
best,
jeff
(Technoid Mutant)
Hi all,
I have recently gotten my TCU-50 clock board to work in my PDP-11/23+, and
needed a utility
that made it easier to manage it. So I put together a little Macro11
program to help me.
I don't know if anyone else has one of these boards but just in case, I
thought I'd share it. I have
it in a repository at github:
https://github.com/kg4okg/tcuclk/
I am a newbie at Macro11 so don't expect anything fancy. :)
- Peter
Hi everyone,
I'm Demir. I'm interested in vintage computers, particularly classic Macintosh systems and 1990s PCs. I've recently been getting more into restoring and using old hardware rather than just emulating it.
Looking forward to learning from everyone here!
Android'de AOL'den gönderildi
Hi Guys
My DEC Collection needs downsizing.
Im in the UK so for the US only the small stuff would be worth shipping
If you need anything PDP8, PDP11 or VAX please indicate item you
might want
Rod
I look forward to seeing you at VCF Midwest at the Schaumburg Convention
Center this Saturday & Sunday (12-Nov & 13-Nov).
I will have a PiDP-1, PiDP-8 & PiDP-11 in action and I have few of each
of the Obsolescence Products for sale at the show. When I run out of
units to sell I will be taking orders at the show for drop shipping to
your home with a VCFMW Discount.
I am at tables C308 - C311 in pod C3.
Also, every year during the show I host a DEC NUT pizza party at my
house a 7PM. I have expanded this party to include HP calculator and
Gimix computer fans.
Please stop by my tables for my address.
See you at the show.
Mike Katz
+1 (773) 414-1044
I look forward to seeing you at VCF Midwest at the Schaumburg Convention
Center this Saturday & Sunday (12-Sep & 13-Sep).
I will have a PiDP-1, PiDP-8 & PiDP-11 in action and I have few of each
of the Obsolescence Products for sale at the show. When I run out of
units to sell I will be taking orders at the show for drop shipping to
your home with a VCFMW Discount.
I am at tables C308 - C311 in pod C3.
Also, every year during the show I host a DEC NUT pizza party at my
house a 7PM. I have expanded this party to include HP calculator and
Gimix computer fans.
Please stop by my tables for my address.
See you at the show.
Mike Katz
+1 (773) 414-1044
I really should have posted this earlier! The West Coast Computer
Society (BC, Canada) is having a reunion on Sept 13th in Port Moody BC.
John :-#)#
Here is the info:
Date: Sunday, September 13, 2026
Time: 10am - 6pm
Place: Kyle Centre, 125 Kyle Street, Port Moody, BC
Map and photo of room:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kyle+Centre/@49.2759833,-122.8575778,100mhttps://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1189562424443236&set=pcb.11895650911096…
Parking is free, either in the adjacent parking lot, or nearby street
parking.
Public transit is available, with bus stops within 2 blocks, and the
Moody Centre SkyTrain station about a 12 minute walk.
We will not be charging any registration fee to attend, but will be
asking for donations to cover the cost of renting the room.
The room will have tables set up for you to exhibit your vintage
computer equipment, if you want to bring some. (It doesn't have to be
working.) If you could prepare placards to describe the equipment, that
would be helpful. Electrical outlets are available.
Several people have indicated they would like to gather at a restaurant
after the reunion to continue our conversations over dinner.
If you have any questions, or suggestions, please contact me.
Regards,
Dave Wiens
Tel: 604-513-1512 (afternoon or evening)
Email: dcwiens(a)sardis-technologies.com
Web: https://www.sardis-technologies.com/WCCS/wccs.htm
Hello,
I am offering a complete lot of 77 vintage industrial/computer boards for
sale.
The lot includes AUGAT 8136 wire-wrap boards, Intel iSBC / Multibus boards,
memory/expansion boards and related vintage industrial hardware.
Complete lot only – no individual sales.
Asking price: *€12,000 or best offer.*
All boards are used and untested. Some have normal wear, rework, bending or
minor physical damage.
Main inventory includes:
59 × AUGAT 8136-UG421
8 × AUGAT 8136-UG159-2
Intel iSBC 286/12 boards
Intel iSBC 221
Intel PSBX344A
Additional Intel / ORBOT / industrial boards
Located in the Netherlands/Belgium region.
I have a complete PDF dossier with detailed inventory, weights, part
numbers and photographs available on request.
Serious offers for the complete lot are welcome.
Kind regards