Hi all,
I‘m quite interested in your experience with 16500 Maimframes.
Mine is not very good, since I tried some of them.
Each one died with a defective PSU Board, some died very spectacular.
Since the psu board is very complex as well as there seems to be no schematics available I
gave up on these systems.
I‘d like to give them another try.
Best
Andreas
Am 26.09.2026 um 21:37 schrieb Adrian Godwin via
cctalk <cctalk(a)classiccmp.org>rg>:
I have some 16500A frames which uses a similar panel. The rotary encoder
and contrast/brightness controls are a little different but the IR section
may be the same.
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2026 at 6:06 PM Mike Katz via cctalk <cctalk(a)classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> Glen,
>
> I bought a 16500C on ebay but it was not packed well and the front panel
> metal frame was broken as well as one of the tabs that holds the pems
> nuts on the front panel. It is also missing, i think, one of the 4
> position black IR "directors" that mount on top of the photo transistors
> on the curved circuit boards at the bottom of the display.
>
> If I have to I can harvest them from my 16500b but I prefer not to ruin
> a perfectly good unit to repair another.
>
> The part numbers that I can find are:
>
> MP1 16500-40201 Front Panel
> MP22 5021-5807 Frame Front
>
> I cannot find a parts list for the IR Detector circuit board.
>
> I am also still looking for the 80 pin high density cable to connect the
> 16500B main circuit board to the lan interface board. The part # for the
> additional cable that I am looking for is 16500-61614.
>
> Do you know where I can find either a dead 16500C I can harvest the
> parts from or know where I can get the parts?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mike
> bitwiz(a)12bitsbest.com
>
>
>
>> On 9/20/2026 12:44 AM, Glen Slick via cctalk wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 19, 2026, 9:33 PM Mike Katz via cctalk<cctalk(a)classiccmp.org
>>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The distance is about 4 inches or less I believe. I can measure it.
>>>
>> The 80 conductor 16550A cable might be too short. Also, it might be keyed
>> the wrong way even if it was long enough. The 16550A cable polarization
> tab
>> is keyed pin 1 to pin 1, while the 16500B / 16500L/H cable might be
> reverse
>> keyed between the two ends. I'd have to pull the lid off of a 16500B to
>> check.
>>
>