On Fri, Oct 2, 2026 at 4:56 PM Paul Koning via cctalk
<cctalk(a)classiccmp.org> wrote:
> On Oct 2, 2026, at 4:38 PM, Martin Eberhard via
cctalk <cctalk(a)classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I just finished scanning the DEC documentation for the KH11-A "NPR
> Expansion" option for the PDP11/20 and the PDP11/05 machines. (I just
> bought this drawing set on eBay...)
Very nice! I know we've talked about the KH11-A before.
Wow. I've never heard of this. The O/M list
shows it as a regular product, not a CSS special which was my first guess. I wonder how
many they actually sold.
My dismantled 11/20 that I saved from a literal dumpster has it. I
don't know a lot about the machine except that some time prior to 1984
it was purchased from Ohio State University Surplus, probably the
original buyer. It had 2 BA11-M memory boxes and seven 4K stacks, a
KE11-A math unit, and an RK11-C. No other interesting peripherals by
the time it ended up at Surplus.
-ethan